April 12, 2011 in Gold Run
Sometime back I did a series of posts to see how much gold that I could accumulate in 30 days. The goal was to exceed 1k, which is pretty easy, and I ended up with about 6.5k, which I didn’t think was horrible. I’m like 10% of the average…
It’s couch change. I feel crushed and I will have to do it again, maybe after some serious gemming for Int.
From the Massive Gold Blueprint forums:
Gold Speed Run is a unique event in WoW, open to all members of the MGB community. The fifth edition, GSR5, began on Friday February 18th 2011, and continued through the end of the day on Saturday March 19th.
Congratulations to the winners…
- Single Faction Challenge: Khrazer, playing Horde side on Wyrmrest Accord US, he accumulated a fantastic total of 299,420 gold
- Cross Faction Challenge: Purebusiness, playing on Wildhammer EU, and racking up an astonishing total of 359,313 gold acquired
Some stats to ponder:
- 2,811,674 – total gold acquired by all challengers in 30 days
- 11 – the number of challengers breaking the 100k mark
- 63,901 – average gold earned per challenger
- 1096 – the number of Speed Run V posts by challengers in the Blueprint Forum
What is a Gold Speed Run? All challengers declare their entries to participate in either the Single Faction Challenge, or the Cross Faction Challenge, on a new server where they don’t currently have any toons. You roll new characters on the chosen server, and the race is on… to accumulate as much gold as possible by the end of the 30-day event.
By the way, that’s March of 2011 that they did this. Also, there’s lots of “how the heck did they DO that???” info in the forums, but you have to be a member to get the scoop.
Now… where did I leave those Int gems…