September 18, 2010 in Gold Run
Starting gold: 2139, 2334 across all alts. Stats say 4729 gold earned total, 2139 is left after sending stuff to allts and all the buying. About 26 hours played on the banker, which includes a lot of AFK time while I write this stuff.
So that’s 181 gold per hour, from scratch, using the Stats number, or about 90/hour after all the buying and sending.
One place to make a bit of gold is in items that can be combined. For example, 10 Motes of Whatever (MW) or Crystallized Whatever (CW) can be combined into one Primal or Eternal Whatever. If a pile of CWs is selling for 50 silver, but the Eternal is selling for 12g you can make money. 10 CWs will cost 5g, so you buy them, combine them, and sell the eternal for 12g. Sometimes it goes the other way, too.
You tailors out there should search the AH for Dress or Shoes or Shirt and see what they’re selling for. If you can make any of those items then you might rake in some extra cash.Even the basic shirts do Ok.
Naturally, there are plenty of things that a high level toon can do thatlow levels can’t, if you have high level toons on your server, and I don’t. Not here.
- Gems are hit and miss, but they can sell. So I bought 5 Shadowgems at 78s each, to go with the one I looted, and I’ll post them for 2g 70s seach
- Bought 73 Dream Dust for 25-30s each, posting at 55s
I don’t get the people who sell glyphs for such a low price, unless they’re dumping. Since they sell the same glyphs repeatedly I don’t think they’re just leveling. You gather a stack of herbs and mill them down to eventually make 5 glyphs. You sell the glyphs at 3g or less each. 15g, if they sell (and it may take awhile to sell them.) Or you just sell the stack of herbs for 30 gold and it sells quickly. I think they’re shooting themselves in the foot…
Speaking of herbs… search herbs sometime. Who’s that posting 20 stacks of 20 Northrend herbs? People say that gold sellers get their money from stealing and raping accounts, I think they got it from that and from farming. Rikto’s account was hacked and they leveled his DK to 80 (from 76) and used it for farming. Obviously he got the account back. By the way, for grinding creatures a DK is a superb farming machine.
It’s great for the buyer, though.
- Buying all light leather under 8s each and reposting at 15s
- Someone posted 31 stacks of 17 mageweave for a 12 hour bid of 84s per stack. So I bid on all of them. Maybe I’ll even get a few.
- Bought some Soul Dust at 14s or less per piece, canceled my auctions at 28s per piece, reposting at 40s.
Can you cook? Chilled Meat is cheap everywhere I look, but the Northern Stew you make from it might be worth your while.Don’t make too much at one time, though.Foods that buff stats can do well, also.
- Buying raptor flesh at up to 68s, canceling my auctions (at 68s) and reposting at 99s
- 2 stacks of iron bars for 15g each, will repost at almost 30 each.
- 1 stack of Dark Iron Ore for 10g, reposting at 30g
- Got 3g for signing a gild charter, quit guild when it was finalized. 5g for signing is common, my Mage just got 10, and I’ve seen 25g offered, once. Great way to get some cash on your banker or low level toon.
Ok, that;’s enough for now. Back later. Gonna look through the Secret Guide for more ideas (she keeps it nicely updated.)
Some stuff sold:
- Stable boots & Agile boots, sold, for 5.6g each, bought for 25s each
- Soul Dust, 3 stacks, 7.7g each
- The Shadowgems (above) sold, 15.5g
- Recipe: Crispy Bat Wing, sold for 15+g
- Raptor Flesh, 4 stacks, sold for 19g each
- Medium Leather, sold 6 stacks for about 5g each
- Won some of that Mageweave cloth mentioned above, sold 4 stacks for 14.2g per stack.
- 6 Large prismatic Shards for 28+g total
- bought some stuff for reposting.
250 earned, 2190 gold in pocket, 2117 after buying stuff.
- 3 stacks iron bars, 33.7g each
- 6 stacks dream dust, about 58g
- 1.5 stacks clam meat, 30g
- MIsc other sales
2346 gold in pocket. Back later.
- Won 8 stacks of copper ore for 5g total. Posting at 9g 60s per stack
- Stack of Heavy Leather, bought for 55s, posted at 11g
- 1 stack Ancient Lichen, won on bid for 2g 36s, posting at 23g
Enough for now, I might pick up sales later or wait for the morning.
2367 gold in pocket.