September 8, 2010 in Gold Run
Ok, Day 5 of this project. (By the way, the Gold Blueprint site does all of this gold run stuff, and everything else, in high def video.)
Just a thought or two. As you may know, Auctioneer has a scan function. This thing will scan the entire auction house and make notes of prices and other info. The idea is that after a number of scans you start to get some decent pricing info. There are two caveats to this.
- It’s no good for items like glyphs, with potentially extreme price volatility. 2g one day, 60 the other.
- Have you seen those herbs, and other mats, at 3,000g per piece? I don’t know if the intent of that is to mess with Auctioneer or not, and Auctioneer does have a setting to remove “outliers,” but it does mean that one has to make educated guesses about pricing sometimes.
- With the type of mats the people buy a lot of, such as leather, I don’t always put my stuff up at the lowest price since people buy large quantities at one time. Price one or two steps up and you’ll still sell your stuff. Glyphs, recipes, and other “buy once only” items are another story.
- By the way, cooking recipes are a great way for new characters (and players) to get into some gold. Buy for a few silver, post for a lot more. Gathering is another good way to start.
- Those white weapons and armor you find at low levels will sell for a few silver on the AH, and only a few copper to the vendor.
So what sold?
- Just some little stuff – ruined leather scraps, copper bars, misc. 14g total. 352 gold in pocket.
- Stack Mageroyal, bought at 15, sold for 25
Looking for stuff to buy:
- 90 dream dust for 21 to 33s each, posting at 60s each.
- glyph of judgement for 5g
- 2 glyphs of consecration at 2g, 2 more at 4.6
- 21 furious crawdad at 55s each, posting at 1g 89s
- 14 raptor flesh, bought at 7s each, posting at 55s each
- Oooo… cheap glacial bag, only 350gold! (450 is more normal.) Well, maybe not today.
- 12 bronze bars for 38s each. posted at 70 each
- Linen cloth, bought at 10 to 17s, posting at 19
- light leather, bought at less than 12s per piece, plus gathered, posting at 19s each
- Mok’Nathal Shortribs, 32 pieces, 3s each, posted at 75s each
- Crunchy Serpent, 51 pieces, less the 10s each, posting at 75s each
- Hmmm… Recipe: Savory Deviate Delight, only 1100 gold. I’ll pass…
- Pile of Warp Burgers (80) bought at 20s each, posted at 85s each
- Glyph of Fade, 3g, posted at the too high price of 80g
- glyph and bags for mage, glyph for rogue, and 20g each
Ok, that’s enough for now. 212g, 11s in pocket.
Some time later…
- Pattern: Barbaric Bracers sold for 19 gold
- Linen cloth, bought at 10 to 17s, sold, 11+ gold
- 1 Furious Crawdad sold for 1g, 89s
- 4 stacks Dream Dust, sold for 11.4g per stack
- 12 bronze bars for 38s each, sold for 8g total
- 4 stacks Light Leather, sold for 3.6 per stack.
305 gold in pocket. Time to look for some stuff to buy.
- 3 Lesser planer essence, 1g ea, combine into Greater Planer Ess., posting at 13g
- 2.5 stacks Soul Dust, bought for 2g per stack, posting at 4
- Bought Blindweed, 12 pieces for 1.3g, posting at 18g
- Bought Deadnettle, 48 pieces for 22s each, posting at 90s each
- Bought Linen Cloth, 81 pieces for about 30s total, posting at 3g 40 a stack
- Bought Mountain Silversage, 9 for 41s total, posting at 13.5g
- Bought Raptor flesh, 2 stacks, for about 7g, posting at 11g per stack
289 gold in pocket, back later.
- Deadnettle sold, about 44.5 gold total
- 3 stacks light leather, almost 11 gold
- 3 stacks linen cloth, almost 10 gold
- Seer’s cape, bought for 20 s, sold for 1.5g
- 1 stacks silk cloth, 11 gold
- 1 stack thick leather, almost 9 gold
- Pattern: Tuxedo Jacket, almost 19 gold
- bought 3 glyphs of fade, for 12g total.
- bought some other stuff.
358 gold in pocket. Back tomorrow
I’ll upload some pics at some point.
Question: Are these posts useful or worth reading? Feel free to add your 2 coppers worth.